Knowing the future ought to make a difference in how we live today. So Jesus provided for us warnings about the last days so that we would prepare ourselves for them.
“And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”Matthew 24:3 KJV
When the National Weather Service issues a warning in Texas, or Oklahoma, or Kansas for example, it means severe weather is imminent, and you must take cover immediately. Yet every year people are killed or injured because they don’t take the warnings seriously. We know this is so, because the news media reports of these tragedies, and interviews family members who “thought they had plenty of time,” or who “didn’t think it was all that serious.”
What Jesus shares with His disciples here in Matthew 24, was a private message, to warn them of things to come just prior to the rapture of the Church.
Billy Graham was quoted stating, “World events are moving very rapidly now. I pick up the Bible in one hand, and I pick up the newspaper in the other. And I read almost the same words in the newspaper as I read in the Bible. It’s being fulfilled every day round about us.”
This is so very true. Because if you have been paying attention, there have been warnings in the headlines of the news media that tells us we are now in the last of the last days, and that the rapture is soon to occur.
I will show you a few of the things that Jesus said would be occurring just prior to the rapture of the Church from Matthew 24, and then place some of the recent headlines from the news media beneath each of them, just to show you what I mean.
“6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:”Matthew 24:6-7a KJV
RECENT HEADLINES – MATTHEW 24:6-7a
- “Deployment of US Missile Defense Considered For South Korea”
- “Russian Weapons Transfer to Iran Won’t Hurt Nuclear Negotiations”
- “Fighting Picks Up in War-Torn Eastern Ukraine”
- “White House Computers Hacked By Russians”
- “Pro-ISIS Group Posts Lists of Names & Addresses of Americans – Apparently
- Targeted For Attacks”
- “ISIS Threatens to Kill Families of US Military Members”
- “With Cartel Help, ISIS Crossing Border with Mexico”
- “Mexican ISIS Camp Discovered 8 Miles from Texas Border”
“7 …and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.”Matthew 24:7b-8 KJV
PESTILENCE = an outbreak of disease on an epidemic level.
Terrorism experts believe that several hostile nations, and terrorist groups, including Russia and ISIS to name a few, are researching ways to kill masses of people through biological terrorism. They are looking to use Ebola, smallpox, anthrax, botulism, and even the plague as bioterrorism weapons.
RECENT HEADLINES – MATTHEW 24:7b
- “10 Americans Possibly Exposed to Ebola Returning to US”
- “Ebola Virus Evolving, But It’s Getting Deadlier”
- “Bird Flu Spreads Across China, Posing Threat to People”
- “The Drought Isn’t California’s Only Water Problem”
- “South Sudan Peace Talks Failing as Famine Threatens Millions”
- “Drought Shrivels Rio Grande River”
- “Strong Quake Rattles Southwest Cyprus”
- “Series of Earthquakes Rattles Oklahoma”
- “Earthquake Rattles South Kansas”
- “Thirteen Earthquakes Shake Southern Colorado”
The phase, “Beginning of sorrows,” simply means birth pangs or contractions. When a pregnant women is nearing her time of delivery the contractions will begin. They will be far apart and low in intensity at first. But when they get closer and closer together, and the intensity of the contractions increase, then it is time for the birth.
Where the end-times are concerned, when the intensity of these warnings Jesus gave us begins to ratchet up, which is exactly what is happening all around us today, it is an indicator that the rapture is soon to occur.
“9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.”Matthew 24:9-10 KJV
RECENT HEADLINES – MATTHEW 24:9-10
- “Soldiers Flee US Military ‘Hostile’ to Christians”
- “Houston Mayor Demands Pastors Turn over Sermons”
- “Motivational Speaker at Texas High School Fired For Mentioning Jesus”
- “Obama Uses National Prayer Breakfast to Compare ISIS with Christianity”
- “Former SEALs Chaplain Kicked Out of Navy for Christian Beliefs”
- “American School Pledges Allegiance to Allah”
- “Christian Pizzeria Slammed By ‘Modern Day Fascists’”
- “Student Reprimanded for Saying ‘God Bless America’”
- “Christian Bakers Face Government Wrath for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding”
- “Atlanta Fire Chief: I Was Fired Because of My Christian Faith”
- “Town Told to Keep Christ Out of Christmas Parade” – (Piedmont, AL.)
- “City Threatens to Arrest Ministers Who Refuse to Perform Same-Sex Weddings”
- “Florida City Spies on Churches, Demands They Get Business License or Be Shut Down” – (Lake Worth, FL.)
- “Obama Sends Pro-Abortion Delegation to Vatican”
- “Somali Militants Kill 147 at Kenyan University”
- “ISIS Blows Up Syrian Christian Church on Easter Sunday”
- “Muslim Migrants Throw 12 Christians Overboard, Killing Them in the Open Sea”
- “ISIS Kills 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians”
The end is upon us ladies and gentlemen. By the time you read this blog, many other headlines will have occurred that indicate Jesus’ appearing is soon to occur.
Are you ready? Is your house in order? Don’t be left behind!